Monday, February 15, 2010

Asthma And Adderall Concern Re: STIMULANT Drugs For My ADHD (are My Fears Valid?)?

Concern re: STIMULANT drugs for my ADHD (are my fears valid?)? - asthma and adderall

I am an adult, diagnosed last year with ADHD. I look too much like ADD. I have tried to transform the treatment of non-prescription medicines, but so far nothing has helped.

I will try, non-stimulant Strattera, I fear that the stimulant drugs (Concerta, Adderall, Ritalin), a negative effect, because I extreme sensitivity to stimulants. This argument is valid? That's what I mean ...

- If you have more than 1 cup of coffee or 1 Excedrin, tremors, and I hesitated and out, and are excited. I also sometimes palpitations.
- If I have more than 1 or 2 trains of salbutamol (bronchodilator asthma), I'm even more unstable and nervous, and sometimes palpitations.
- If I even 1 Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) anywherNearly back on the bed, I stayed up all night. And it often makes me anxious.
- Can I not drink chai tea, hot and it makes me hyper!

All this proves that I avoid stimulant-based ADHD medication? Or I'm done, the correlations are not valid? Thank you! :)

2 comments:

I'm just me said...

My mother was diagnosed with ADHD and Ritilin has nothing to add, but it does exactly what it says - you feel to stop, as if he (a whole pot of coffee that had not been drinking either tolerate stimulants).

Apart from that I know nothing about the disease except that it mainly works in my family. But one thing I learned that I * know my body and the confidence * that instinct tells me that something is wrong. If your gut says a stimulus is a no-no for you to trust him. I tend to rub my doctors in the wrong direction, because I am, as I know, but you know that your body much better than she did. Trust your instincts, honey.

Buzz s said...

Some people have problems with the stimulants. It is the art of prescribing the right treatment for the patient. You can start with a lower dose of the mind, if for any reason to change what it is. Other medications you mentioned and can make a big difference for you.

Post a Comment