Sunday, February 14, 2010

At What Temperature To Copper Pipe Freeze Are 400 Watts Enough To Keep Water In A Closed Loop Of Copper Pipes At About 120 Degrees Fahrenheit?

Are 400 Watts enough to keep water in a closed loop of copper pipes at about 120 degrees Fahrenheit? - at what temperature to copper pipe freeze

I build my own type of heating system: a loop of copper pipe under the floor of my house is filled with water. Water is a closed circuit and is caused by a heater, which is its power from a wind turbine capable of 400W draws heated. Although this does not seem much, consider that the water heater with pre-heat the water supplied all the time, like "What Goes Around Comes Around" I hope to create some serious heat with this (even, at least enough warmed by an old Victorian house at temperatures around the freezing point to keep). Would you say that might work? I am very confident because I know nothing, plumbing and heating technology.
I would be grateful for the input.
Thank you.

1 comments:

injanier said...

400 watts can keep warm the water so the pipes are well insulated. No way, you can heat your house with 400 watts. In a well insulated house, you need 2 or 3 KW to average room when it freezes in the heat. In an old Victorian, unless the windows, doors and insulation have been updated, you probably need more.

Post a Comment